The Art Galleries will now be spread throughout the town of Oxford, in both municiple buildings and throughout our town in local businesses.
Gallery spaces will be open at the following locations:
Town Hall (hours of Town Hall)
Oxford Public Library (hours of Public Library)
Quarry Walk Lobby (planning under way)
Potentially - Griffin Hospital at Quarry Walk Medical Building (in proposal phase)
All gallery receptions events will be listed and updated on our Facebook page.
Oxford Public Library Gallery
Art Heals Theme
The second exhibit at the Oxford Library, coordinated by Oxford Cultural Arts Commission and working with Library director, Robbi Costigan, will be an open call to all artists to feature paintings in any media, photography, digital art and fiber arts.
Theme The theme is "Art Heals". We want to see art that is created by persons who use art to help them heal from tragedies, illness, stress, mental or physical disabilities. "Art Heals" is dedicated to October for National Disability Awareness Month and will be a yearly event.
Artists are encouraged to share their personal stories and the theme is open to interpretation. • Media Our 2nd exhibit is an open call to all artists to feature paintings in any media, photography, digital art and fiber arts.
• Submission You can submit images for consideration $25 for up to 4 pieces with a maximum of 2 pieces accepted
• Submission Deadline Midnight Monday Sept 30, 2019
• Drop Off Date Saturday October 5 during regular business library hours 9 am to 4 pm, Oxford Public Library 49 Great Oak Road, Oxford (203) 888-6944
• Show Run October 6th through November 8th
• Reception Date Mid October to be announced
• Pickup Date Unsold artwork pickup is November 9th during regular library business hours from 9 am to 4 pm
We (OCAC) and Oxford Library will take great pride and care in all arts recieved for the show but will not be liable for damage, theft or lost. The artist agreement form will have this clause included and artists are required to sign it and include with thier works upon drop off.
You can download the Artists Agreement Form here Thank you!
Top: Rich Franzino, OCAC Supporter installs the railing system at the Oxford Public Library (photo: Lucas)
Middle: Commissioners Jennifer East and JoAnna Lucas display the new art hanging system installed at the Oxford Public Library (photo credit: Voices Photographer Pentagast)
Bottom: Art displayed by new hanging system (photo: Lucas)